Tuesday, January 10, 2012

{TuTu Tuesday} Made to be Loved

As Valentine's Day approaches we get to read about different people's views on love and relationships. Last night, while reading Rick Warren's The Purpose Driven Life, I ran across this quote:

"GOD'S MOTIVE FOR CREATING YOU WAS HIS LOVE."
Pretty cool, huh!

The very reason we exist is to be loved! I got a lot out of that statement and I want to share two things:
  • First, if GOD himself thinks it's satisfying to love others, I have determined to make it my goal as well.
  • Second, if I was made to be loved, I need to accept and embrace love in order to feel fulfilled.

When I look at this picture of my little girl, I'm reminded that love begins at home. Although my family showers me with affection and appreciation, I find myself being often stressing out about my shortcomings. I get so distracted by the giant list of things I want to do or I have not done, that I end up taking on undue pressure.

I hope you will join me this year in the resolve to embrace love as more than a term to describe romantic attraction, but to see it for what it is: the reason of our existence.

This beautiful tutu I designed makes me think of the different types of loving relationships. The darker layers represent romantic love (marriage), the brighter shades represent fun love (friends), and the light shades stand for pure love (babies).

You'll see all three shades throughout my Valentine's collection on etsy.


Thanks for reading!
Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment