Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Pretty. BIG. Dreams. - Part 1

What do little girls dream of?

Welcome to the Year 2010, where little girls aspire to be much more than just pretty; they dream BIG!

The days of being consumed with thoughts of Prince Charming are, thankfully, long gone. I look around me and see a generation of girls who see themselves the way their Creator sees them: talented, strong, and full of purpose.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

I see confident girls obliterating insecurity by knowing their true worth.

These girls in my life, along with their amazing parents, are the inspiration behind my latest line: {Pretty. BIG. Dreams.}
I hope you are just as inspired as you read about each creation.

#1 The Explorer.
This girl is a searcher. She loves to freely experiment within the parameters established for her. Forget boys! The Explorer is too busy having fun to worry about them.

The Explorer is outfitted in a multi-layered tutu to add depth, just like her personality! This creation is made with about 75 yards of soft tulle (your choice of colors), and wrapped in a soft satin ribbon.

#2 The Hero.
This girl has the heart of a servant. She chooses her role models wisely and looks up to people worthy of her admiration. At the top of her list? Firefighters, Police, Military Service personnel, Nurses, Doctors, Teachers, Pastors, Missionaries, and all those who selflessly give up their lives to help others.

The Hero is outfitted in a full monochromatic TuTu. 50+ yards of the same color tulle (your choice) and satin ribbon demonstrate her simplicity and solidity. (Shown with a red bow & white stars add-on)

I've previously shared my past fear of raising children in a society that seems to be on a moral decline. Reflecting on these attributes stirs my hope for little girls everywhere...

Are you hopeful yet?

Wait til you see the others....

No comments:

Post a Comment