Monday, April 12, 2010

A Miracle Story

Tonight, I planned on writing a follow-up post for my self-confidence series but while writing an article for one of my clients, I began to think about this story and felt I needed to share it with you.

For my 10th birthday celebration, my parents let me have my best friend spend the night. We had so much fun that we begged our parents for one more night. They gave in to our powers of persuasion and we ended up spending the whole weekend together.

The next week, she died of an asthma attack.

It took me a long time to understand and an even longer time to heal. I never expected Asthma to be fatal.

Fast forward 16 years to a year ago, and there I was, holding my 16 month old baby boy hooked up to a Nebulizer. We had spent the night before trying to help him breathe until the Pediatrician's office opened the next morning and we took him in.

It was the scariest moment of my life when I heard them say "Asthma". His oxygen level was so low they sent him for x-rays and prescribed him steroids. Nothing the Dr. tried seemed to work.

But I had a praying family.

From China, my Pastor emailed every day asking about his progress and praying health over him. My friends and family were also praying for full healing and eventually, he recovered.

A couple of weeks ago, I ran into a box filled with Nebulizer medicine dated March 26, 2009. I couldn't help but thank God for the FULL HEALING of my son, who barely got a runny nose this year during the worst pollen season I've seen in this town.

Whether you are dealing with the loss of a loved one or with a disease, God heals hearts and bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment