Saturday, April 24, 2010

My Day

Today was such a perfect day that I decided to blog about it!

It all began last night around this time, when my husband got out of the shower. He scooped me up out of the computer chair into a huge embrace while he whispered, "I just reached into my drawer and pulled out a folded piece of underwear and realized that you do that for me. Thank you. For EVERYTHING you do around here."

If that is not the best kick off to a 24 hour period, I don't know what is!!!!

This morning, we had no plans before noon so we brought the kids into bed and hung out until 9 am. I just love cuddling with the whole family and listening to the kids get a giggle attack.

We got up and ate breakfast together. Then, we ran some errands around town and came back home for lunch and naps. My baby girl and I left the boys sleeping and met up with my niece to go to a birthday party at Build-a-Bear, where we had a blast. The birthday girl was proudly flaunting one of my TuTu's and she was stunning! I got 3 orders right on the spot from people who saw her.

After the party, the boys met up with us and we hung out for a while with our friends. I love parties with no end time, where you just can chill and hang out as long as you want. We are blessed to have such great friends.

At some point, the party did end and we took a walk around the mall only to find GAP had 40% off reduction on their clearance items. SCORE! We racked up!

We were beat, but we had promised our son a stop by the duck pond so we headed there. As the sun was setting, I stood snuggling with my baby girl and watching my son and my adoring husband feed the ducks.
I had no words to express the joy I felt. I was overcome with gratitude for all my blessings.

I am so thankful for days like today, but the truth is that I am just as blessed on days when my husband has to work late and the kids drive me crazy. It is up to me to find the positive and have an attitude of gratitude.

*TuTuLu*

2 comments:

  1. I love today's blog...and the lesson all over it...being thankful, even for the little things (even folded laundry) really make a day one full of happiness, and if you add to it the company of good friends and your love ones, nothing can beat that. Today was a good one, a really good one, and I'm glad you guys were part of it :)

    PS. I love the girl in the picture, the one wearing your creation;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm glad you like my latest model ;)

    ReplyDelete