Sunday, September 26, 2010

Beware of Rotten Milk!

A month ago, we took our first family vacation to Disney World. When we arrived at the hotel, I gathered the kids and headed upstairs while my husband parked the car and brought up the luggage.

I had a horrible migraine, so I went straight to bed and left my husband to man the fort. He took care of dinner, showers, and bedtime on his own.

The next morning, I went to fix breakfast and realized my daughter's milk cup was left in the car overnight. To give my deserving husband a little break, I took the kids down to the car to retrieve the cup.

When I got to the car, my daughter saw me grab her cup and began to ask for it. I told her she couldn't have it because it was dirty and I had to wash it first. But at 12 months old all she saw was a familiar cup, which normally has something yummy in it, within her reach.

Being the milk-lover that she is, she started to pout. Her pout soon became full out wailing when she realized I wasn't budging.

The moment became a lesson for me. I thought, how often do I do this very thing to God? I get angry at Him for withholding things from me. I throw a fit and pout because, from where I stand, it seems as if he is keeping something good from me when in fact He is just trying to protect me.

There is a Higher Power who sees a picture much bigger than what we see. He knows details that we don't know or we cant't understand. As His children, let's learn to trust Him.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much!!!!
    God bless you and your beloved ones
    Alex from Paris, France

    ReplyDelete